Every year a special wine is released featuring a label with artwork from a local artist that is chosen from dozens of submissions. Oregon Wine LAB and William Rose Wines are proud to partner with the Greenhill Humane Society for our third annual ‘Artist Portrait Series’ wine. This year’s theme is “Pet Portraits”. Ten percent of the proceeds from the sale of this wine will be donated to the Greenhill Humane Society.
Calling all artists!
Emerging and established artists are invited to create
and contribute original art to the
3rd Annual Portrait Contest at Oregon Wine LAB featuring “Pet Portraits”
Deadline: May 30th
Art Show & Public Voting: June 1-30th
Winner announced: July 3rd
- OWL Portrait Prize Award:
- Artwork featured on our annual barrel select “Artist Series” wine label.
- $300 gift certificate to Oregon Wine LAB
- Oodles of OWL swag.
- The joy of knowing that your art is helping lots of local pets find happy homes!
The Jury Process
Members of the public visiting the exhibition at the Oregon Wine LAB during the showing will cast a vote for their first, second and third picks. The Winemaker and OWL staff jurors will select the winner from the top picks. The jurors will use specific criteria when voting including originality, imagination, invention, marketability, and audience appeal.
CONTEST ART GUIDELINES
- All entries must be dropped off ready to hang at 488 Lincoln by May 30th 8pm.
- Each artist may submit a max of three (3) works.
- Artwork must be ORIGINAL, completed within the last three years, unframed size between 8.5” x 11” and 18” x 24”.
- Acceptable media are two-dimensional works of: oil, acrylic, watercolor, pastel/colored pencil, and pen and ink/charcoal, and mixed media. No photographs, sculptures or reproductions.
- Prohibited artwork: Any work executed in class or under the supervision of an instructor; copies of paintings or published photos; and improper subject matter.
- The 2017 wine will be a red varietal. The background color on the label will be off-white on an antique green bottle.
- The final reproduced label size will be approx. 2.5” x 3”, and may be a cropped portion of the original.
- You may have your submitted artwork for sale during the event. You agree to give Oregon Wine LAB the first opportunity to purchase your artwork. If your artwork is sold during the showing it must remain on display until the end of the show.
WINNING ARTIST AWARD AND RECOGNITION
Each artist will be notified of their selection status via email by June 30th.
Artist’s name and artwork will have the honor of being featured on this third edition art wine.
Winning Artist and artwork will be announced via a press release.
Artist and artwork will be recognized on the Oregon Wine LAB and Greenhill Humane Society websites (we’ll link to your artist website).
Winning Artist will receive a $300 gift card to Oregon Wine LAB.
Receive public introduction and recognition at the Wine Release Celebration (date TBD).
Have ability to sell reproductions of the original work of art featured on the label
The artist is welcome to sell reproductions and/or other artworks at the Wine Release Celebration.